Please note that the Devonport Office will not be open to personal callers from Thursday, 19 March 2020 until further notice. This is in order to protect key staff who supply the all-important back-office support to the credit union. The Frankfort Gate office will remain open as usual, subject to the restrictions below.
Please also note that all other Service Points are shut until further notice.
UPDATE: Reluctantly, as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic and associated staffing issues, the decision has been made to CLOSE THE FRANKFORT GATE OFFICE on SATURDAYS until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope to be able to re-open the office after the pandemic is over and things return to normal.
In light of the ongoing national situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to remind members of the City of Plymouth Credit Union about how they can transact with the credit union without physically visiting one of our offices – you may wish to:
- Speak to a member of staff – you can do this by phoning (01752) 201329 between 10:00am and 4:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Submit a query via the website – you can do this by completing the online Contact form on this page (please remember to leave valid contact information so we can get back to you)
- Submit a query via email
If you have no other way to access your money and need to withdraw cash, please go to our office in Frankfort Gate (details of all Service Points are here). Please be aware of the following special measures that we’ve put in place to protect staff and members:
- We have installed screens to help provide protection for our members and staff.
- Please no more than ONE member in the premises at a time – this is an update following government advice on social distancing. Please wait outside until the office is empty before entering.
- Please do not enter if you have a fever or persistent cough, or you think you may have come into contact with Coronavirus (if this is the case please contact us via phone or email)
- Please remember what you have heard about ‘social distancing’ and try to give others lots of time and space
If we are forced to close the Frankfort Gate office, we can make arrangements to pay any cash withdrawals into your bank account or prepaid card. If you don’t have a bank account or prepaid card, you can have your cash withdrawal paid into someone who you trust’s bank account or prepaid card. Failing this, please contact us or fill in this form and return it to one of our offices.
We are still taking applications for loans but we are only doing that by post or on the phone, so things may take a little longer than usual. We will still run our usual process and checking before issuing loans but will only issue cash at Frankfort Gate and only if we can’t do a transfer to another account for you. For a quicker turn-round, why not try our Nivo app, more details here.
We will still consider applications from new members but only if they have saved the loan repayment for 5 weeks or 2 monthly payments.
As the future is less certain, we have decided not to accept applications for loans above £3,000 and won’t be accepting applications for Debt Consolidation or Holidays.
We understand that income from employment and self-employment is likely to change in the coming months so we simply ask you to call us as soon as you have a concern that you may not be able to make your repayments on time or at the agreed level – that way we can try to make a plan that works for us all.
Payments and Transfers
You may not know but we have always been able to pay bills for you, transferring your money to wherever you ask. If you call us we can arrange to do that – that way you won’t have to make an unnecessary journey and you won’t get behind.
We are here to help, so if you have any suggestions, we are happy to listen.
Thank you for your patience during this crisis – we will do our best to maintain normal service but please check this webpage daily as to our current situation
For the latest information from the NHS in relation to the Coronavirus, please visit the NHS website.