Universal Credit is being rolled out in the South West. In some cases, it is having a serious impact on people as they transition between payments in advance and payments in arrears. There is often a 6 week gap to be bridged which needs to be financed somehow.
So what can City of Plymouth Credit Union do to help if you are in this position? It's really a combination of things:
- Rent Direct scheme to help with paying your rent
- Budgeting Account to help with all those regular payments
- Prepaid Debit Card to help with other payments
- We may even be able to help with a loan to tide you over during the transition
Whatever your worries or concerns, please contact us to see how we can help. We have put together a booklet, take a look to see the finer details. Or pop in to one of the offices or service points where we keep paper copies.
- Universal Credit is coming to the South West
- Could be a 6 week gap in benefit payments
- City of Plymouth Credit Union can help